In recent months, DreistStorgaard has advised on several transactions in the energy field.
In December, we assisted with the sale of Viking Energi A/S to Kosan Gas A/S, which is owned by the American UGI International group – read more here.
Most recently, in January, we assisted the sellers of Ringsted Biogas ApS with the sale to BioCirc ApS, which with Ringsted Biogas ApS adds a fifth biogas plant to the portfolio. BioCirc ApS is a joint venture between the asset manager Maigaard & Molbech and European Energy. The sale of Ringsted Biogas ApS was made in collaboration with Boje & Ladekjær, who, among other things, mention the transaction here .
Recently, DreistStorgaard has added significant new resources and skills to the energy team, i.a. partner Martin Skovbjerg, who came from the law firm Magnusson. Before that, Martin has a past as long-standing global chief legal officer at the Danish energy sector company Welltec, which makes high-tech solutions for the industrial sector, including oil, gas and geothermal, as well as experience from Rolls Royce Industrial Power. Martin therefore has extensive experience with the energy sector’s legal and tax matters as well as transactions in this industry, incl. financing.
In addition, the other partners in DreistStorgaard’s M&A team, Svend-Aage Dreist Hansen, Søren Storgaard and Nikolaj Juhl Hansen, have extensive experience in the energy field and have assisted clients in this area for a number of years. Nikolaj Juhl Hansen has worked in the energy area both at Magnusson and the English law firms Travers Smith and Eversheds Sutherland, where he was part of the global energy team.
DreistStorgaard’s managing partner Svend-Aage Dreist Hansen says:
“The energy area has long been an important business area for us; both with a general focus on the green transition and of course on the energy crisis, which as a result of the war in Ukraine has led to a sharp increase in the number of cases in this area. It is therefore fantastic that we now have a team of highly experienced people who can help our clients navigate the development and operational phases as well as assist with transactions. It is an area that we expect a lot from in the coming years”.
The energy area at DreistStorgaard
The team has extensive knowledge, experience and competences to be able to advise precisely within the Energy area, and advises e.g. in connection with:
- Development and construction of plants, operation and maintenance within wind power, gas, P2X, biogas, district heating, geothermal energy and oil & gas pipelines
- Drafting and commenting on FIDIC contracts
- Contract management in relation to ongoing compliance with FIDIC or other relevant regulations, assessment and negotiation in relation to bidding, financing, M&A and investment transactions, disputes,
- Assessment of transactions and public procurement in the energy sector in relation to FDI rules and international sanctions
- Assessment of communication in relation to the greenwashing rules ( Article on Greenwashing )
- IP protection (protection and enforcement of trademarks and patents, as well as other forms of technology protection)
- Technological development projects, incl. Sponsored and Joint Venture development projects
- Environmental permits and planning legislation
- Port rental projects (onshore support operations)
- Health & Safety Offshore (Health & Safety Offshore)
- Standard contracts
- Risk management
- Tax matters
If you need advice in the area of energy, do not hesitate to contact us on telephone 5663 4466 or send an email to email@example.com .