When you are looking for your dream home and spend your time going to open houses, it is a good idea to be prepared. It can be by writing down the questions that you would like answers to.
DreistStorgaard Bolighandel’s real estate agent, Camma Ryborg, has gathered some good advice below for you who are house hunting.
- The immediate area – Ask about what the neighborhood is like. Remember that the immediate area must be the right match in relation to family, work and leisure interests. Go if necessary take a walk in the neighborhood and see if it feels right for you, preferably before you go to the open house.
- Renovations – If renovations have been carried out on the home, ask who has been responsible for the work and be sure that applicable regulations have been complied with. Therefore, take renovations into account in your housing budget, as unforeseen costs may arise. This also applies even if the home is new or newer.
- Documents – Be aware that there are different rules for which reports/documents must be available when you buy a home.
- Condition report and electrical report – If a condition report and electrical report have been prepared, ask thoroughly about these two reports. If you are in doubt about something, it is always a good idea to call the construction expert or the electrician who prepared the report and ask them for advice, as they have examined the property and can answer you – and that is basically FOR FREE.
- Condo – If you go to an open house in a condo, it’s always a good idea to ask the real estate agent about the owner’s association. It could, for example, be what the owner association’s budget looks like and what was agreed at the latest general meeting, etc. so you have a knowledge of the finances of the owner’s association.
Buying a home is a big decision. Our experience is that you get the best experience if you already contact an adviser while you are looking for the new home – and always before you sign the purchase agreement.
DreistStorgaard Bolighandels real estate agent Camma Ryborg has more than 18 years of experience in the real estate industry, and can help you find and buy your dream home. If you need to know more, you can contact Camma on 93 60 14 05 or by email to email@example.com .